Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro

Old 05-20-2023, 11:04 PM   #46

That carb will be just fine, But you are paying for a lot of things that you don't need, and you will still need to buy at least an assortment of main jets, and likely pilots. I would recommend getting either the base PE28FL, because you will be getting some extra main, as well as pilot jets, and will most likely have the proper jets to get well tuned for now, and for mods in the future. Your48mm Nibbi air filter will be too large for the VM26 , and the foam filter that comes with the package deal VM26 you linked may be poor quality, and is not angled. Personally, if I was you , I would either buy just a cheap VM 26 clone , and jets, use the stock airbox, and return the Nibbi Filter, for a credit applied to buying jets, OR buy the Base PE28FL, which comes with jets,and keep the Nibbi filter.https://www.amazon.com/Carburetor-20...0-4513d670b6bc

Old 05-21-2023, 07:38 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
That carb will be just fine, But you are paying for a lot of things that you don't need, and you will still need to buy at least an assortment of main jets, and likely pilots. I would recommend getting either the base PE28FL, because you will be getting some extra main, as well as pilot jets, and will most likely have the proper jets to get well tuned for now, and for mods in the future. Your48mm Nibbi air filter will be too large for the VM26 , and the foam filter that comes with the package deal VM26 you linked may be poor quality, and is not angled. Personally, if I was you , I would either buy just a cheap VM 26 clone , and jets, use the stock airbox, and return the Nibbi Filter, for a credit applied to buying jets, OR buy the Base PE28FL, which comes with jets,and keep the Nibbi filter.https://www.amazon.com/Carburetor-20...0-4513d670b6bc
Dangit Billy I am an indecisive person. lol. well I tried to find that base pe28fl but was unable to, your link took me right to it. Thanks.

Old 05-21-2023, 10:06 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
Dangit Billy I am an indecisive person. lol. well I tried to find that base pe28fl but was unable to, your link took me right to it. Thanks.
Your bike will be a lot more enjoyable once you have it properly jetting, and since you have the valves adjusted. The VM26 is fine, for a stock, or internally stock bike, but it's really not very different than the stock carb(which is also fine when jetted). The Nibbi is more $$$, BUT if you buy the Base model, and getting jets, (Plus you get two groovy stickers)then the price is not too much more, especially since you intend to use a pod filter. The VM26 does make using the stock airbox easier. I like the VM26 on my Hawk just fine, but I can say I have one bone to pick with it, It has an idle speed screw that can't be turned with your fingers.

Old 05-21-2023, 11:01 AM   #49

I walked out today, and it fired right up and idled without any choke or anything. It was about 58 degrees. I hadn't even run it the day before. Man, it is running so good; I hate messing with it. There is no throttle bog, it's not cutting out. Hell, now with valves done, it runs even better. The only reason I want to deal with the carb at all is that I was told my plug is showing it's too lean, and I invested in that Nibbi filter (hehe, yes, I am that cheap). Other than that, I have absolutely no reason to touch the carb. FWIW, running at half choke works, but the bike loses power.

Old 11-06-2023, 10:07 AM   #50

What is the difference between T4 and T6? I did search but both appear to come in various levels of synthetic, etc.
2023 Hawk DLX

Old 11-06-2023, 07:25 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
I walked out today, and it fired right up and idled without any choke or anything. It was about 58 degrees. I hadn't even run it the day before. Man, it is running so good; I hate messing with it. There is no throttle bog, it's not cutting out. Hell, now with valves done, it runs even better. The only reason I want to deal with the carb at all is that I was told my plug is showing it's too lean, and I invested in that Nibbi filter (hehe, yes, I am that cheap). Other than that, I have absolutely no reason to touch the carb. FWIW, running at half choke works, but the bike loses power.
GREAT to hear it's running right. Nice going! Now you have a base set of settings (airscrew turns, pilot and main jet size, needle shim...). What are they? You can now exploit what you've learned to improve performance!