Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters

Old 04-08-2021, 07:33 AM   #16

Sounds like time for red Loctite and double nut the exhaust stud. Weathers warming up real nice here too. Time for me to terrorize the neighborhood as well. lol
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-08-2021, 08:13 AM   #17

Check the fuel line, ours came with cheap line that swelled up so it wouldn't flow fast enough. And replace the filter while you're at it. The motor mounts did loosen up, but red loctite fixed it.
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Old 04-15-2021, 09:05 AM   #18

Red loctite and normal M6 SS bolts installed with flat and lock washers installed on the engine. Torqued down the exhaust bolts. I need to make a bracket, and get a new muffler for the exhaust. I relied on the rubber insulator for the muffler to keep the exhaust held sideways enough to keep off the shock, and the bolt in the muffler is starting to tear the muffler apart.

I rebuilt the original carb that came on the orange bike. Looks like the rubber in the petcock tore, and blocked the fuel passage. gonna put that on the white bike, because the petcock on the white bike is leaking, now. Eventually, gonna put the "High Performance" 49cc engine on amazon in it, because it's only $30 more than the big bore kit, and comes with the better clutch and carb already.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0718YN6F5...v_ov_lig_dp_it

That also leaves me with a spare engine to work on for when the little one want's more speed on the dedicated dirt bike.

I got the kenda 329 tires in 2.50x10 and 2.75x10 for the supermoto setup on the white bike. New wheels and fork tubes are on the way from china. I ordered a handlebar, but it was too low, and WAY too wide for what I needed. I ride the white bike right now, and my knees hit the bar and kill switch. Thankfully, my best friend had an old kids BMX bike that had bars that are high enough, and just the right width. I'm cleaning those up now, to be used.

There's a guy on youtube who has done the KTM clone engine swap on his. The thing hauls!! Would be awesome for me, but too much for the little one to learn good riding skills with. lol. Anyway, I'll post pictures of progress when I get the chance. I won't have the little one this weekend, so I can probably get a few things done.

Old 04-18-2021, 04:13 AM   #19

Man, things are getting stupid with the orange bike. Today, the bike wouldn't shut down. Couldn't figure out why the kill switch didn't want to work. I go to check the ground on the upper engine mount, and find all the bolts loose. One bolt actually broke the engine casing. Just the boss that the engine mount bolts to. It seems the frame is tweaked or something. Only two of the bolt holes match up for the upper mount. The hole that broke off is about a 1/4" too low to get to the mount. I took pictures and sent them to SYX. Then, later that day, it seems the clutch has failed, and won't disengage. I have to email them again about that too. SO MANY WARRANTY CLAIMS! Lol.

Anyway, swapped out the old carb from the orange bike to the white bike. Now the white bike runs like a champ. Odd. Lol also, got the kendas on. Those tires were a pain to install. Thankfully, I had some tire spoons I used for my mountain bikes. Made things easier.

Also, someone called the sheriff today, and shut down to neighborhood rally/miniGP. Lol. Not a single neighbor complained to me personally to try and reach some sort of compromise. Just called the sheriff. I hate people like that. Anyway, guess I have to keep it in the yard now. Lol.

Old 04-26-2021, 08:04 AM   #20

So, the orange bike got a "high performance" clutch. It uses 2 shoes instead of 3. Ended up breaking the bolt that holds the clutch in. (stupid weak metal) Bike is holding up okay without it. I didn't notice any performance difference, but my kiddo seems to refuse to go full throttle on the bike.

My warranty is up, but SYX will still send me a clutch if I pay for shipping. I'm happy about that. I'll keep it as a backup for the white bike.

As for the white bike, It's a champ still. No problems, other than the kill switch not functioning 100%. We did some backyard runs. Decided to work with the kids on getting some skills developed. My little one needed a bit of reminding of stuff we went over. We started from scratch with his friend. Little man learned the difference between a fast bike and a fast rider. He has the fastest bike between the three (GB moto 2 stroke), and he's quite the showoff during drag races. But, once we got in the grass to do laps around the house, and rider skill was put to the test, he got lapped twice by my son. I'm trying to keep them on even ground, so I'm working with him to keep his confidence up. They both sped up a bit once I came out on the white bike. Between my weight, and the street tires, I couldn't keep up speed but in one section. But, it was enough to either make them push harder to try and pass me, or try harder to keep away from me.

I'll probably mount my camera to my kid's helmet or my bike one day.

Also, I bought a new engine for the white bike!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm not expecting anything amazing, but the way the orange bike is going, I may need to put it on that one. lol. We'll see.

Old 05-19-2021, 04:05 PM   #21

Updates!!!

Swapped out the carb on the orange bike using these three products:

Had to buy an extra set of reeds, because the reeds were bolted into the original intake manifold, and the new manifold for the new carb wasn't setup the same way.

Also had to install a new petcock because the old petcock was built into the carb.

Bike ran a million times better, and not as rich. It could also maintain throttle without running the carb dry. Unfortunately, after a few hours, the clamp on the carb broke. I've rear reviews about it, and didn't tighten the bejezus out of it, but it still broke. Looking for a replacement, now.

My kiddo like my white bike. He wants to ride it all the time, because the handlebars are higher, and it runs without problems. lol. I also installed a new brake on it:

The bike now does endos if you brake too hard. The little one has been trying it out since I installed them. lol. It also looks like the bolt holes for the brake rotors are on the same pattern as mountain bike brakes, just missing 3 holes. I'm going to try and install the 160mm rotors on the front soon. Still haven't installed the new engine on the white bike. It's running fine, as it is now, so I'm leaving it alone. BUT, that engine may go on the orange bike here soon, because it's not having any problems. lol.

Also, SYX ended up sending me a new engine under warranty. I just had to pay shipping. But, because the packaging was terrible, a part of the flywheel broke off. They sent a new flywheel. (still had to pay shipping). I also bought a new set of wheels, so the orange bike can go from dirt to street, and the kiddo can ride both.

Old 05-31-2021, 04:51 PM   #22

Installed the "built" engine on the white bike. While gave up the ghost 20 minutes after. Money wasted. But, the kiddos bike is running like a champ, now that I've fixed the carb.

Found out I can't swap the rear brake for anything hydraulic from the bicycles

Old 01-11-2022, 11:23 AM   #23

They are fun little dirt bikes as I bought two 50cc Holeshots for my twin boys. I had problems with one of the bikes ignition coils quit working after a couple rides. I upgraded the ignition coils on both bikes and put NGK spark plugs in them which has made a difference in performance. I am trying to iron out a throttle cable issue on one of them now.