Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #1

Let the mods begin on my Qlink XF200

I'm never one to leave my bikes stock but like to avoid any changes that are not easily reversed.

1" bar risers to get a little more room.

Swiped the muffler off my 125cc CT70 clone and stuck it on the XF200. I liked it after I reduced the noise by putting a baffle in it. It slipped right on the head pipe and I bolted the band clamp to the first mounting bolt. Ebay $40 shipped. I ordered a replacement for the CT70 clone.

Forward view of the muffler. It's a nice tight fit so no clamp is needed. The intake side of the muffler is 1 1/4". I been running this muffler on my CT70 clone for two years with no problem.

It's a Load Lord Rack for the XT225 off Ebay. Aluminum side plates and industrial grade polycarbonate (LEXAN) deck. Several people on XT225.com have this rack on their bikes.
I chose this one over the two steel XT225 ones on Ebay because I thought the aluminum would be easier to modify to fit the XF200.
I trimmed the arms and added tubing spacers to get it to fit. I needed longer bolts in back but was able to reuse the front bolts. I drilled different mounting holes.

No modification was made to the XF200 and the side covers fit just fine.
Might paint the aluminum flat black.

Added bonus for me. Using the original rear holes for tie downs when trailering.

Next mods are rejet, top box, and ???.