Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2007, 01:41 PM   #11

It's official! My Viva VX200SX is on the way!

I just got off the phone with Avi at Viva Motors www.atvsimports.com. My blue Viva VX200SX will be here sometime next week. It has the matching blue aluminum wheels. After it arrives, I will be requesting the MSO and getting insurance for it. About a month ago, I put a one hundred dollar deposit on a leftover 2005 Yamaha Majesty scooter. This bike was going to be a daily driver for commuting back and forth to work. Last week, I got that deposit back from the dealer and decided to go with a china bike instead. My plan now is to use the VX200SX for commuting to work. I saved myself over 3k with purchase of the Viva. I have no unrealistic high asperations for the VX200SX, well maybe I do! We'll see how the relationship develops. If ...and that's a big IF, the bike turns out to be reliable ONLY then will I use it for commuting. I'll do local shakedown runs on it before longer treks are attempted. Me and Pumpkin will be out there making these bikes better for our use!

My first plans after receiving it and the assembly are to order new blue aluminum Renthal handlebars. I'll be ordering a set of blue Acerbis Rally Pro handguards with the aluminum stiffeners in them. New grips will also be purchased. Anything not needed will be scrapped. I'll be looking for a new better headlight assembly and ways to eliminate some wiring. The seat may also need reworking to make it more comfortable. The seat will probably get new foam and a new cover, won't really know until I get it! My thought is that a new better Gel battery will probably be needed. I have no faith in Japanese Yuasa batteries (all of mine have failed), so I'm sure the cheap Chinese battery won't last long. I've ordered some of my batteries from www.ebatteriestogo.com. They seem to be well worth the money. I also use Westco batteries in my bikes. Fork Seal Savers will be on the way shortly too. I use them on my KTM 950 and they work.

I'll post my experiences with the buying and shipping procedure here. I may start another thread after the bike arrives and post my thoughts on putting it together and my modifications!

So far, so good! The price was $1029 shipped to my door. A great deal, IMHO. I decided to go with Viva Motors because they had the bikes with the color matched aluminum wheels. The dealer in Pittsburgh, PA did not have any blue bikes and didn't expect any for a few weeks. They did not have the bikes with the color matched wheels. Something I wanted.