Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2023, 05:24 PM   #1

Sold the Templar X.. Now What??

Well its been a busy month, first sold the Brozz and today just sold the Templar X. I originally had planned to keep her long term and then get an ADV to fill in between the DS and my cruiser but my son made a good point that it may be better to sell the X and then get something that can do similar offroad but be better onroad than the X can to fill the gap and just have 2 bikes.. afterall, the one thing that really sucked with the Templar X was that it topped around 65mph corrected and that was no fun, especially being passed by 18-wheelers on 60mph roads.
So I agreed and listened to a 16 year old's advice. I listed the bike this past Friday for a whopping $2750.. i know, a pie in the sky figure but what the hay, i was in no rush.. i knew i'd never get even close to that, but didn't mind seeing what may come..
Well after 100+ views i got the first bite yesterday, an offer of $2k flat and i negotiated down to $2500! Wait, what!! Yea, can you believe it, i actually made a couple hundred after 1 year of ownership and 2k miles. Good times!

So now im on the hunt.. i want a bike that can do everything the X could do but be comfortable doing 75mph without breaking a sweat AND not break the bank, trying to stay under 5k. On my short list.. KLR650, KLX300, Vstrom 650, Duke 390..

Any and all suggestions are welcome.. damn, wish that next gen Templar was here now with a 300cc engine, it would be first in my list as i've had a fun time the last 3 years with these China Bikes.. but it looks like i'll be going mainstream for awhile as will my son, but i'll still be lurking around here.. it's been fun and i've learned a bunch! thanks for being an awesome forum and brotherhood!

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X