Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2023, 09:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by btr22 View Post
I changed my fork oil to 15w. Procedure was very simple. I measured 260 ml in each fork but that was with a kitchen measuring cup. I put back in a tad more. I think there is more stiffness but it’s not night and day. The rebound still seems violent. If the wheel gets in the air the shocks extend back down with a bang. That may be normal for a dirt bike but I have nothing to compare to. This is my first dirt bike. I ride on and off road with 15lbs of air front and back. Is there anyway to slow down the rebound??
I recently went to Famous Reading Off-road park and discovered just how bad the Templar forks are. Even with 15w oil and Henner's maximum preload spacers I bottomed the forks hard several times. I also felt and heard a bang when the front wheel came up and the forks topped out. Apparently KKE didn't install adequate bump stops. I've already added 10ml more than oem fill and plan to add another 10ml to see if I can reduce the impact when bottoming out.

I'm also looking into adding schrader valves to the fork caps so I can stiffen up the too-soft spring rate. I'm not sure how well this will work with cartridge forks but it worked for me with damper rods. Some guys on FB filled with 30w which seems pretty heavy but 15w still feels kind of light to me. Maybe 20-30w oil will help.