Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2023, 09:27 PM   #1

Templar X motor rebuild journey

So, with the news that the vendor is sending me "something" to get my motor repaired, I thought I would start a pictorial journal of the rebuild.

The attached photo is for my reference as I begin this. I have done a handful of two-stroke top ends, but never a four-stroke.

For those of you who talk about the need to check every bolt and Loctite it, I can assure you the motor mounts on mine were tight....

So tight in fact, that I split a 13mm socket trying to remove the lower, front mounts. I had an 18" breaker bar on it as the ratchet wasn't enough. I have never broken a socket before (this one was old-school Craftsman). Going to get some impact sockets to try again... Might need some heat!

I am still planning on getting a whole new motor, but plan to attack this one anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	motor rebuild 1.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	932.0 KB
ID:	29335  

2022 Hawk 250 - Mikuni clone carb, jetted appropriately. Pro Tork CRF 150 pipe. Nibbi pod filter. Tusk Chub bars with riser adapters. Amazon levers and foot pegs. Typical gearing change for street... Acerbis hand guards. Nibbi grips. Shortened rear fender. No graphics

2022 Templar X - Stock carb rejetted appropriately, Nibbi grips, Amazon hand guards. Amazon seat cover. Acerbis skid plate, heavily modded. Shortened rear "fender". Custom graphic kit.