Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2022, 11:44 AM   #1

Everything TAOTAO Hellcat Raptor

I have searched the Internet far and wide and have found some useful links, info, pictures but there never seems to be what I am looking for specifically. I eventually find what I am looking hidden like a gem in some post or picture.

I bought my Hellcat when I first heard about them in 2017. I got it in the crate delivered to my home and I promptly put it together. I went through all the bolts, screws, connections with a fine tooth comb. When I went to ride it? It ran but never correctly. It's always had what I would call a sporadic throttle response and horrible cruise mode. It surges horribly when the choke is off. It's best running at 1/3 to 1/2 choke on. I know all about that it is running lean and what jets you can use etc. I also know about the "Non-Tamper" carb and how to "Un-Tamper" it.

For one reason or another I just gave up on it, or got so discouraged, or just didn't have time to mess around with it.

Last Weekend out of the Blue I decided after watching video's of everyone fixing up and riding their Hellcats, I decided it was time. I've re-registered the bike and removed all the smog and given it a once over. It still runs like crap!

I have ideas in mind, and parts ordered so there are changes on the way! I will keep you posted! (Yep 89 Miles on it Folks!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hellcat Apart Smog_Small.jpg (82.4 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg Speedo 89_Small.jpg (50.1 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg Hellcat Cover Photo_Small.jpg (94.7 KB, 220 views)