Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2022, 12:05 PM   #1

2007 Tomoto/Jialing restoration

Hi guys! Just an update:

In 2017 I purchased a titled non-running 200cc motorcycle. The tag on the swing arm says Tomoto and the first 2 digits on the engine say JL (163FML). I believe the title referenced HiSun or something like that. Unfortunately the engine was extremely destroyed.

I then purchased another 200cc parts bike that supposedly has a running engine. The first 2 digits on that engine are LC.

Last month I started working on restoring the titled motorcycle using parts from both. My wife wanted the large gas tank from the parts bike which is longer and I've had to do a fair amount of re-fabricating. It will also require some serious work on the seat pan. Also, the plastics for the gas tank need some attention.

I've got the tank sorted out and am currently working on the seat pan.

I hope to get some pictures and video soon as there will be quite a bit of custom fabrication to follow. I have most of the skills needed to varying degrees but will likely need some input from you folks here on China Riders.

I'm still sourcing a few replacement/upgraded items such as head light, turn signals etc. as many of these items look weather worn.

If the LC163fml is worn out I plan on upgrading to a 250cc. Either way this bike is getting restored!

Hope to start posting some progress photos/video soon.