Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2022, 11:05 AM   #11

Wow, 16 days off. Get back to normal life yesterday. Things are still FUBAR at Beaufort. Worse, it's inventory. Customers are calling me because no one will answer the phone at the office.

I woke up to an email chain today from CS. Customer is looking for parts for a 1999 motor car and gives us part numbers. First problems are the customer calls it a motor trolley and doesn't provide a model or serial number. Because the motor car was built in Canada, their part numbering sequence in 1999 was different than what is used now. One part number was recognizable, to me, as a Deutz number and wouldn't be much use. The other number, though, I punched into my document search and instantly came up with the manual. Apparently, I am the only one that knows how to do this.

I give this info to CS along with the fact that this is a Canadian number and they'll need to check with Toronto for price and availability. Not a minute later, I get an email that that part is not listed in M3, our worse than useless inventory control program. Before I can respond with a profanity laced email telling them that I already told them what they needed to do and checking M3 wasn't it, Harold responds with a profanity laced email that I had already done the bulk of their jobs for them and to call Canada.

BTW, if something isn't listed in M3, we've never stocked it. Therefore, the drones are supposed to go through Purchasing and check with France on price and availability. Not whine to the service staff that it isn't in M3. M3 replaced MAI, which had it's own problems. The bulk of the time, we used MAI just to locate what bin a part was in. Where I worked in my previous life, all parts were stocked in numerical order which made life so much easier. Tried to have this done here, but was told it wouldn't work.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts