Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2021, 03:24 PM   #1

It had to happen eventually.

I have some problems now with the xpect. I think they are most likely a direct result of it being outside, flying around the country on a rack on an RV.

1) my instruments are all filled with water. I thought it was just condensation until I went for a 4 hour ride today. I noticed the condensation wouldn’t go away. Then I noticed many of my RPM indicator LEDs weren’t working anymore. Then I noticed standing WATER at the bottom of my tachometer. I can’t see the tach, the speed, the gas level or odometer past all the condensation.

2) the battery is draining out quickly. As a matter of fact it’s not even a week since I last charged it up by running it. And it’s 100% flat. Possibly related to #1?

3) This is the big one. I was positioning the bike to get it onto the rack. Lining it up so I could drive it up onto the rack. As is common when you are doing tight quarters maneuvers, I swung the handlebars all the way to the right to the lock position. The bike died like someone hit the kill switch. All gages went dark. Everything went dark. There is no hope whatsoever it starting. The starter doesn’t engage, the gages don’t come on. Literally nothing. Dead as dead can be. Nothing can do that other than a solar flare or some electronics failure. Stupid electronics on bikes/cars/boats. What the hell? That’s ALWAYS what goes wrong.

So do we have any theories to get me started?

Water in gages, battery constantly going flat and then complete death of all systems of the bike from turning the handlebars to the right all the way to the lock position.

Ran like a champ for 4 hours on and off road just before this.

Note: one of the reasons I don’t spend a lot of time working on the bike is that I’m full time traveling. So there is nowhere but a Walmart or autozone to do this.