Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2021, 01:56 PM   #1

Hi from eastern Europe

Hi,

I've been lurking ChinaRiders for some time, and finally decided to register and say hello after i bought a chinese bike last week. I'm Vladimir (Vlad), a Russian guy living in Republic of Moldova (Black sea region), turning 34 this month . Got a motorcycle license last september, and that's my first ride.

It's a road bike, a sort of early 1980's Honda CM clone, with a CG 200cc single cylinder pushrod engine (164fml), and some manufacturer-added cruiser-style elements, like passenger backrest and chromed headlight with fog lights, that were not present on original bikes. It's a very cheap ride, bought it new from the "dealership" (actually, a small shop selling farm tools, diesel generators, and small tractors) for around 1300 USD.

Honestly, quality is fully matching the price - everything is quite cheap and, apart from the engine, not perfectly assembled, but, waiting for a riding season to start, i have read enough to be prepared for the pros\cons of owning a chinese bike, and while i can't say i have serious mechanical skills (previously, worked on bicycles only), i'm not afraid and really looking forward to get hands greasy, so, currently learning to do all the maintenance, fixes, etc..

Going to add photos tomorrow ) I have some questions that i'm planning to post in the corresponding forums, and i hope to be useful to CR community as well.

Wishing everyone a good weekend!