Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2021, 10:17 AM   #1

BASHAN BROZZ VS Lifan XPECT

The Orion RXB 250L is (was) certainly my first choice, but I can't find them in stock and really am not very patient. I am going with the Brozz (I think). Though I will be off of pavement more than on, I don't plan to be on hard hitting trails, and am too old for jumping, etc. Quite honestly, the Brozz appears much more comfortable. My last dual sport was a KLR600 (1984 -5 model) that I owned around age 25/30 (10 to 15 years ago)which weighed about 4700LBS (maybe 5K). Other than that bike, my experience was generally with old Yamaha bikes from the 70s (100 and 360 models specifically) with the last Yamaha bike being an RT180 (probably my favorite of all of them due to super light weight). I am very fortunate to live within 5 minutes of a popular ORV park in MO and am only about a 40 minute ride from a large National Forest area with tons of gravel roads, a few creeks, rivers and lakes, along with multiple trails. Great exploring (and for me, reminiscing). I thought that I was completely sold on the Brozz, but the more reviews I have read on the Xpect created a desire to ask this group their opinion of those two bikes specifically (but feel free to offer others that perhaps I don't know about). I like the thought of the balanced engine and overall slightly higher end parts and fit/finish of these two compared to some of the other CB's. Obviously the EFI is a nicety (I am not opposed to maintaining a carb, but ... EFI is appealing). I am still leaning Brozz, but want other opinions about things that I may not be considering, but should. Lastly, I am very grateful to have found this forum and have learned a lot about these bikes. It's hard for me to believe that I was considering a KLX230 or CRF250L as early as a week ago, having given no thought to a Chinese made bike. While on a buy sale trade site, I saw a relatively local dealership advertising a Bashan Storm... It intrigued me and I am glad that it did...