Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2007, 10:35 PM   #1

again, places i shouldn't be

what a day i had to day. it started off good with a ride down the tracks through my favorite water crossing.

then i tried to find a way to the other side of the power lines i was at last week but all the access points were blocked off. so i decided to go to the same trails i was at last weekend but actually go to the other side of the lake.

well i made it and at first it wasn't all i thought it'd be.

i had to go across this get over there. yes i was on the bike the whole way. it was very steep.

once over there it was what looked like old rock pits that had been filled in. very huge mud/flag ponds that were dried up but still a little muddy. definatly not like any other mud around here. i'm thinking they are rock pits that have been filled in.

here you can see the marsh looking areas but it's pretty dry on the top. under the surface in another story wich leads me to believe it's water coming up from under.

another spot about 10min later.

another spot

one of the smaller/less over grown dried up pits. can you tell how if you go deeper it get's worse?

well after all the riding back there i decided it was time to go to the next spot. well instead of leaving and going out the rock pit i decided to leave the way i came in. this was a huge mistake and definatly a very stupid one. i don't know what i was thinking.....thinking i could get back up that hill after i was in there.

this is what it looked like 3 hours later. i was extremely stuck, extremely sore and fuckin tired as hell. it was horrible. there was no getting it out of there by myself. i was tugging and pulling, digging you name it i tried it. i had to call for help. after about 5 min of a friends help i finally got it out (thanks Rob).

after getting it out i had to go out the rock pit. i ended up getting lost and found a shit ton of roads and trails. i'll definatly be back out there again soon after i get all the water out of my tires.