Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2020, 11:34 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCoY View Post
UPDATE: My Hawk 250 (Carb version) Will be street legal in Colorado! (Technically)

Got the call today from the South Dakota dept of revenue! They took my tax payment of $100 and advised that my new South Dakota Motorcycle plates will be in the mail tomorrow morning, with the new title coming in 4-6 weeks! Colorado wanted me to jump through a bunch of impossible hoops just for the right to pay them, so I went to a state who was happy to take my money! Not only that, but the customer service person I spoke very pleasant and helpful, the total opposite of what I've experienced in Denver.

I think it's safe to say these bikes can for SURE be registered in SD, with this being a "workaround" for states like Colorado.

If you would like to know what county I went to in SD, please shoot me a PM for the contact info, it's a small town and I don't want them to get overloaded.
Will CO authorities raise red flags if you are riding around with a CO license on a SD plated bike? I do know that California will hassle people which is why most '49 state' bikes are never imported to that state with out-of-state plates with an owner attempting that loophole. I do know that Vermont will issue plates fairly liberally as someone attested to above, and I believe there is one more US state that I cannot remember off the top of my head who plate anything.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard