Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2020, 01:26 AM   #1

Having a hard time deciding between CSC RX4 and SSR 302S

I've got some cash burning a hole in my pocket, and I want a new bike.

I loved my test ride on the Benelli TNT300, and now the 302S is out. More displacement (300cc instead of 285cc), more horsepower, and wider wheels that take the same rubber as any 600cc sportbike.

Benelli has a 37hp twin, weighs in at 408 lbs, and costs $4299

RX4 has a 40hp single, weighs in at 450 lbs, and costs $5395 (with free shipping, more $$$ when that promotion ends)

Performance and weight wise, they're not too far from one another. The TNT300 I thought had *plenty* of power, and it made such a wonderful noise. It handled well, and it felt way lighter than it actually is. The 302S has 5 more horsepower, and only 2 more pounds of weight. So that'll be nice.

The RX4 is kind of a porker, but it does have bags and crash bars already installed. They're small bags though, I'd likely have to use some throwovers to go touring.

For the Benelli, I'd get a set of Shad brackets and hard bags, and have 36 in each pannier... which is far more than fits in the RX4 side panniers. But it'd cost me an additional $500-$600 for those bags and brackets.

I'm bored with my vintage bikes and cruisers and slow 250cc bikes, and the Benelli would make the same-old backroads a lot more exciting, and I'd be able to tour if I spent a little extra on luggage.

If I got the RX4, I'd be ready to tour right now... but my same-old backroads won't get any more interesting. The Benelli is cheaper and I know I like it. The RX4 can handle some mild dirt. Both look great to me. It's a tough choice.

Charles.