Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2020, 08:28 PM   #1

TaoTao 110 Quad - some advice

I recently picked up a weatherbeaten 2008 TaoTao 110 quad, it is in pretty tough shape, overall, missing the battery, left side inspection covers, and lots of rusty stuff. My intention is to get it going for an older youth rider, and what I'd like to do is to bypass or disable the remote control box and the tether switch from the electrical equation.

I picked up a new YTX4L-BS battery for it, I get power to the ignition key and up to the start button, but not from the start button. I can get the solenoid to click by touching the two wires to the battery, so I know that works. I can also get the engine to turn over by jumping the solenoid posts with a screwdriver, so I know the starter motor is still good.

I'm at the point now where I'm thinking it won't start due to a bad start button assembly, but want to bypass and/or disable the remote box and tether. That way I can rule them out as being the reason why it won't start. I plugged the tether in, but there was no change.
I was also thinking about getting a harness assembly for a dirt bike with electric start, with a much simpler harness and less frivolous unnecessary crap, but only as a last resort.
I'd appreciate any insight you all can give me, it will be greatly appreciated.