Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2020, 03:00 PM   #1

Lifan KP Mini 150

Hi forum! I just bought a brand new 2018 Lifan KP Mini 150 off of Amazon for $1680 with free shipping. It should arrive in a few weeks. I can't wait! I've been looking for YouTube videos, reading and researching about my new mini bike.

I wanted to ask the forum: Does anyone have a solid idea of where the engine and transmission come from, how the build quality is, and what parts from other engines are compatible?

From what I've read, the engine on this thing has a model number of 157FMJ, which can be looked up online and takes you to a China Motorcycles website with more info: http://www.chinamotorcycles.cn/Engin...01o3w8w1v3u8v3

Looks like this engine is indeed made in China, in ChongQing. Now the same engine and transmission for the Lifan KP Mini 150 is used in the Kymco Spade, and that's a Taiwanese motorcycle company. Kymco made motorcycles for Honda under contract, and is a really good company with high build quality, from what I've read. The Lifan 150 seems to me like it's a clone of the Kymco motorcycle, which is itself a clone of the Honda CBF 150, which is a Honda mini bike that was never sold here in the USA. The Lifan and the Honda have the same frame, engine, transmission, it's pretty obvious. The bike is heavy for it's size, and this is because it's built to be an extra strong and reliable commuter, with a heavy-duty frame, wheels, everything. If Honda designed this bike to be a 150CC actual sportbike, I'm sure it would weigh about 100 pounds less. This platform is quite mature and there's great part support at least in China, as it looks like this motorcycle has been produced with different names for probably 20 years, in countries all over Asia from Pakistan to China to Indonesia. So it's got to be good right!?!?

Anyone else out there have some juicy insider information on the Lifan 150/Kymco Spade 150/Honda CBF150?