Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2020, 11:03 PM   #1

TT250 street tires & RX3 windshield installed

Hello,

I was busy this weekend with my TT250 commuter special. Got the Conti GO! tires installed and also an RX3 windshield adapted.

For the street, where I ride pretty much exclusively, the tires are MUCH superior to the stock dual-sport tires. Better handling, more confident turning, smoother. I love them. I got 90/90-21 front and 120/90-18 rear using the stock rims.

A while back I got the idea to try to use the RX3 windshield on the TT250. It is only $26, so I figured it was worth a shot. It worked out well. $5 of stainless steel hardware. I only used the lower two mounting holes and it seems sturdy (up to 55 mph) so far. If I need to I will add some aluminum bar vertically from the bottom hole to the upper one. Right now I just have plugs in the top holes.

I had to trim the outer edges just under 1/4" to keep the shield from vibration against my handguard mounts. This was really just touching on one side, but I did both to match. Slid a piece of clear tubing over the cut and secured with a zip tie in the mounting hole. Ended up a little less than 1/8" off the handguard mount...and if it does make contact the tubing will keep it from being annoying.

Peace on Ya,

Goob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rear conti-1.jpg (63.2 KB, 446 views)
File Type: jpg Windscreen-installed-1.jpg (96.2 KB, 446 views)
File Type: jpg Front Conti-2.jpg (76.4 KB, 427 views)
File Type: jpg Windscreen-installed-5.jpg (65.8 KB, 439 views)
File Type: jpg Windscreen-installed-4.jpg (46.5 KB, 413 views)