Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2019, 08:25 AM   #1

Should it stay, or should it go?

After months of deliberation, I decided to add to my growing list of motorcycle genres and add an "adventure bike" to my collection. I went with the CSC RX-3 because, well, why not? It was cheap and gives me a taste of the ADV world without breaking the bank, AND because I like to thumb my nose at the mainstream. I'm kind of an underdog.
I went on my first 4-hour 'adventure ride' last week in a group of about 12, mostly KLRs, KTMs and other assorted 650's in the mountains of Arkansas. I kept up and went everywhere they went, just not as fast or nimble.
My dilemma is this: I need someone to talk me out of buying a bigger, more powerful machine.
I also ride a Harley Low Rider, I ride trials and I tinker with classic Yamaha street bikes, so it's not my main ride by any means, but I gotta say, I'm a bit jealous of the power those other machines had, and also amazed that my little chinese machine did that well and nothing broke.

HELP?
2016 RX3
2018 H-D FXLR
2018 Indian Scout
1986 Yamaha Radian
1986 Yamaha Fazer
1978 Yamaha XS650
1974 Yamaha TY250