Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2019, 11:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjmt View Post
Megadan, Man you are complicating things for me and I am about to start ordering parts probably next week. LOL Your best guess on one of those fast ace shocks for a brozz? I am not going to be doing jumps and really tough offroad but i plan on tearing up the twisties. I like the current brozz seat height dont really want to f that up because it is perfect for me or at least the one I sat on. Not much on here for brozz specific bikes and i was sorta under the assumption they were almost the same or close enough stuff would interchange. Glad I waited on ordering you dont know how close I have been to going all in on getting parts to start shipping for when I get the bike. But every visit here or allexipress is more $$$$. But in a good way.
Before ordering a shock I would suggest taking the time to remove the original one and measure it. If I had to guess, the Brozz uses around a 300mm shock, but the top mount may be in a slightly different position than it is on a Hawk and could be longer or shorter because of that. Due to the geometry of the rear suspension a small change in length on the shock can make a substantial difference in ride height. Take my Hawk, a 5mm longer shock (325mm vs 320mm) lifted the back of the bike a bit more than half an inch.

As far as the two Fast Ace shocks I linked, both are the same length at 280mm. The first one would require removal or serious modification to the airbox due to the reservoir, but comes with the benefit of full adjustability that will likely actually function properly. The second shock will also work just fine, but only has rebound and preload adjustment (that will also likely function properly). Both shocks are designed more for off road performance which is why they have a longer shock to provide more wheel travel.

In the case of my Hawk, with the Brozz swing arm, if I used a 280mm shock I would be looking at lowering the bike about 1.5 inches out back as well as picking up a lot more wheel travel.

The other shocks out there like the one I have do work just fine, but the adjustment is very limited. The advantage is that they come in a variety of lengths so you can closely match to what you have.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124