Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2017, 11:33 AM   #1

HAWK Battery or Starter???

Hey guys, Ive had my HAWK for more than a year and would occasionally have issues with the battery starting the bike. Well over time it would get better then sometimes be bad again. Cool thing about the HAWK is it has a kick start also (Which i think is a great feature). So i would use that and sometimes it would go first kick other times 20+ kicks.

So through summer i noticed the starter not working all that great and assumed i should be getting a new battery soon.

Before I was going to order the battery I wanted to be sure my starter was okay. So i Jumped the HAWK by hooking it up to my truck battery and flipped the kill switch to see if the starter would continue to role over AND it did.

So that day i ordered a battery and it came today and as I hooked it up i am having the same issue where the starter wont continue to roll over, it gives me one click and then buzzes or sometimes i just get a clicking sound.

So i am wondering if it is my starter? if so why did it roll over just find when hooked up to my truck and also where would I get a new one? does the TT250 have the same starter?

Or is it something else?

the battery says it comes fully charged and I even plugged it into a charger and the charger said the battery was fully charged. I also kick started the bike with the new battery and rode it around for a bit then turned it off and tried to start it and no change.

Ive never had any issues with the old battery (as in lights not coming on) the only issue was the starter and I just assumed the starter was sucking too much energy from the battery, that wasnt holding as good a charge as it used to. So i thought having a new battery that holds a full charge would give it enough juice and hold enough power to stop the problem.

IDK what the problem is

Last edited by NickThrash; 11-11-2017 at 12:21 PM.