Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2007, 09:26 AM   #1

Scooter Escapes?

Hi,
I noticed a growing number of Florida riders on this forum. I live in St. Petersburg and I was just wondering if anyone has done business with Scooter Escapes? (http://www.scooterescapes.com/)

I have stopped by their shop and sat on the Sierra 200 and GS-250. I do like the fact that they have a service area, have bikes in stock and are in my town. I also went by another store that claims to carry Chinese bikes but didn’t have any inventory or service department. I don’t see any point in naming them but I am willing to travel a bit for a dealer that will stand behind their product.

I have been contemplating getting another bike for about a year now. (I rode a Kawasaki 750 twenty years ago) During most of that time I figured it would be a dualsport. The reality is that I will be using it 99% of the time to commute and run errands. So a road bike is probably the better choice for me at this time, I am pretty sure that I will be buying the Zongshen GS 250 later this week. If the bike holds up well I can easily see myself getting the Sierra 200 for weekend fun.

The deciding factor for me was that Zongshen claims the GS-250 will get more than 100 miles to the gallon. And while my commute is only 5 miles each way on surface streets, I do travel one section that is a posted 55 mph and the cars are routinely traveling 65. I will report real world mileage once I have figures, unless someone here has reason to dissuade me from the purchase.

Thanks in advance for any info. I will introduce myself and post pics as soon as I get a bike. I will be retaking the MSF course in two weeks too.

Rich