Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2017, 03:13 PM   #1

Head Scratching Hawk just dies. Need some input.**Udate Problem fixed**

Ok I've got a weird problem. Hawk was running great a couple days ago. I get it out today and go the 5 miles to the end of my road. Pull in the clutch and the engine dies. Have to full choke the carb. and flip to reserve to get to finally start again. Put choke to off and petcock to normal position and kill the engine and restart several times and all is good. Decide to go home anyway and see what happens there. Hawk seems to have less power on the way home and I get home, pull in the clutch and the engine dies. Have to go through the same steps to get it started again. So I decide to put it up and try to figure it out.

Now I did check/adjust the valves prior to riding today and set them to .005" but that shouldn't be causing the problem I'm having unless I'm totally missing something. I just want to make sure I include any changes so someone can help me trouble shoot this problem. BTW I'm going to let the bike totally cool and recheck the valves tomorrow just to make sure. Also it has the stock carb rejetted to 110 but I haven't touched the carb since July or August 2016.

Any ideas anyone?

Last edited by LunaTech; 02-20-2017 at 07:01 PM.