Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2017, 10:35 PM   #1

140cc wiring help needed please.

Hi guys. Great forum from what I have read so far.
I'm having trouble wiring up a 140cc engine that I got second hand. The only thing stamped into it is 140cc and also the word Gongyu. The only thing that I could find out about it is that it's a yx engine.

My problem is that I can't find the right wiring diagram that has the same wires as my engine.

I have a green wire, a blue/white wire, a green/red wire, a red/black wire and a red/ white wire. The red/ white wire and the black/red wire were connected to a plastic plug but my bike has nothing to connect it to.

I joined the green from the engine to the green on my cdi, also the blue/ white to blue white and the black/red to black/red. That leaves me the green/ red and the red/white not connected to anything.

I read somewhere that someone hooked the red/ white wire into the blue/ white wire and they were able to get a very weak spark which I was also able to do. I still can't get it to kick over though. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Paul.