Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2016, 01:08 PM   #1

Overflow tube issue

Hey all, gonna be long winded but could use some opinions. I had to replace a cracked left side crank case cover awhile back. The seal I swapped over in the crank case cover was bad. So I was getting a ton of oil in my overflow tube and actually could see in the oil view window it was losing oil. Got a new seal, replaced it and voila, no more oil being lost thru the overflow. However I now get the overflow still filling up with gas smelling liquid after about 20 miles of riding. No oil being lost, the view port never shows oil going down. Not sure what has changed. I used to get a little bit of the gas smelling liquid but now it completely fills up very quickly. I talked to Gerry at CSC and we really cant figure it out. He said if seals were bad I'd be experiencing bad idle, missing etc. I experience none of that. The bike has been running totally fine, absolutely no issue whatsoever. Anyhoo, just looking for opinions. Other than being a pain in the ass to have to drain every 20 miles or so it doesn't seem to be affecting performance. Thanks for reading