Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2016, 05:19 PM   #1

Head Scratching Assembly Instructions?

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places on the web, but I don't seem to find much in the way of assembly instructions on the Bashan Storm 250 or the Hawk for that matter. I don't get it. What's the deal with that?

All the sites I've seen selling these bikes say they come 85% - 95% assembled and there's just some "simple" final assembly stuff to do like put on the handlebars, spedo cable and front wheels, etc., but nobody has any links to instructions of any kind on their sites. Some of the sites mention that they have video and pdf instructions, but they don't post links to them.

If there are just a few things to do, why not post the instructions? What's up with that? I found one or two videos on youtube for the Hawk (one pretty good, but no sound the other with few details, just pretty much a guy saying he did this and that) but nothing for the Storm.

If you want field stripping, cleaning and re-assembly instructions for pretty much any handgun, there's a youtube video. If you want to do pretty much any DIY home repair project, there's a youtube video. And on and on. But there are no instructional youtube videos for the "simple" steps to do the final assembly on one of these bikes? I find that strange.

Having put together a lot of stuff that came form China for myself, my sons and my wife, I'm familiar with the shoddy instructions you get many times with stuff from China, so I'd like to see what I'm getting myself into before I pull the trigger on one of these. Especially since this is something I will likely be riding on the road sometimes and there are safety concerns.

Why in the world would these websites selling these bikes not post this info so people can see what is involved and how difficult or easy it really is? I just don't get it. What am I missing?