Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2016, 10:38 AM   #1

Pitster Pro Classic 125 Pro

Here is my new Pitster Pro Classic 125 Pro. (Skyteam ST125-6B)
I purchased this bike from Provenpowersports. They shipped the bike within two days. It is factory fresh with a completion date of Jan 2016. I received the bike 3/19 and have been removing and loctiting every single screw, nut and bolt. Changed out the shipping oil. Taking my time with everything. I finally started it up yesterday for the first time and began running in the motor. I removed and cleaned the carb. The main jet had some crap in it. It starts right up now. I've upgraded the tires and drive chain. Put on some stiffer rear shocks. Took a hacksaw to that bulky air filter. Had to purchase a new front caliper as the original was sticking bigtime. I'd rather just pay myself than go through the migraines of warranty parts and long wait times. Ordered some one-piece aluminum rims. I will put the Pirellis on the new rims and put some trail knobbies on the two-piece rims. Also removed all the Pitster stickers and adding decals to make the bike look like a 1978 Mini Trail 70. Not sure I want to add the stripes.
My MCO arrived three days after the bike. Provenpowersports was great to deal with. Constant communication and very helpful. I can see where some people have troubles with these bikes as you really need some mechanical ability. I'm noticing a lot of the bad reviews are from people who did not service the bike correctly, or at all.
I am really glad I got the upgraded version of this bike. Plan to start some slow riding today. So far I am very pleased. It has been a lot of work but I love working with tools. Good thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2178.jpg (91.5 KB, 1774 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2179.jpg (89.9 KB, 1425 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2183.jpg (91.8 KB, 1110 views)