Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2015, 06:37 PM   #1

Transmission issues already.

So my hawk has 300 miles on it yesterday I changed the oil so I could put in my magnetic drain plug everything went well oil looked good nothing in the screen. Put the same oil I had been using from day 1 rotella t5 15w40. Took the bike out everything seemed fine then when I went to stop I noticed I couldn't get into neutral which had never really been a problem. A while later it didn't seem to want up shift every time. I blamed it on the boots I was wearing that I had never riden in. I soon noticed I wasn't missing the shifter it just wasn't pulling up. So I parked the bike and waited until today to adjust the clutch cable. Took some slack out and it seemed better except neutral, I could only get it in neutral if the bike was off. Messed with the cable a little more and started to have some success with neutral but when I went out I was having a hard time up shifting especially past second as of my last ride I couldn't come past 2nd so I parked the bike before I did any more possible damage. Any ideas I'm still not sure if my cable is 100% adjusted right but it doesn't seem any different than before the oil change.

2014 Hawk 250
Firehawk minibike
Previous bikes~
1995 Yamaha YZ125
1998 Yamaha YZ250
1981 Yamaha YZ465
1987 Honda TRX 250R X2 one stock one modified
2002 Buell Blast
2001 Buell X1 Lightning
2000 Kawasaki ZR7