Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2015, 11:20 AM   #1

What´s in your Zong Toolbox?

I´ve been searching for this info and havent had any luck finding anything. I am starting from scratch as far as tools go and with a limited budget I want to have the right tools on hand to do my own wrenching on the Zong, with the invaluable help of all of you of course.

My question is
1. Whats tools are a must have for your garage toolbox?
2. What tools are a must have for your on bike tool kit?

Maybe broken down farther with tools that are an absolute must and tools that are just damn nice to have to save knuckles, a third six pack, late nights or your wrenching friends never speaking to you again.

Detailed information will be appreciated. I want to have a base set of tools for the house and a set for the road. Labor to work on the motorcycle here is very very cheap but my experience is that most of the bike repair shops (one on every corner here) are staffed with shade tree mechanics and repairs are a lot more guess work than they should be. Anyway I want to get my hands dirty and get to know the bike so if any problems arise I can tackle them myself. If this information already exists please point me in the right direction, if not please post your .02 cents for a good cause. Thanks in advance for your input.