Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2015, 06:48 PM   #16

I talked to a guy and he said to use xr80 dampening rods in the xr70 forks. I want the extra height of the xr80 forks.I was thinking of getting a set of xr80 forks and putting in the extra firm springs for the xr70. Then pvc spacer to fill the slack and fill with atf.

This would save some cash but I would not have disk brakes, if I swap in a set of piranha forks. The xr80 forks are said to be every bit as good as fastace or martzoti, or any of the 900 dollar forks, and then changing the top mount for the rear shock so I can use the cr80r shock. So Really it will be like a cr80r except .

My pitbike will weight 120 pounds vs 143.

my pitbike will make 20+hp ( 150cc makes 14.6 with 28mm mikuni,now I will be buying the race head v2 package which includes bigger valves 30mm intake vs 27mm 25mm vs 23mm, bigger longer duration higher lift cam, roller tip rockers, and big bore with forged 10-5-1 comp piston, Im going to have it ported and polished as well) . A cr80r makes 20.7 hp on the pipe.

I want to run 17 /14 on this so it will be more stable and taller,or 14/14 would be fine .I plan on using aluminum wheels so I can jump it.

I am still deciding on which to use drums or disc brakes ,I think drums will be fine for this because ,I can go through mud without worry .

thinking of 16 front and 42 rear for a 2.58 ratio .

motorcycle: lifan dual sport "crankenstein"
Born of parts from all over the globe,laying rubber in a town near you!