Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2015, 09:23 AM   #1

my ricky hawk 250cc (acually 230) dual sport enduro

Bought a pair of these from killer motorsports shipped for $2300.
Assembly was fairly easy but both bikes came with different amounts and types of bolts and washer.
first bike (I will refer to as black) I put together I had 2 or 3 bolts left over and 3 rubber pieces I couldn't figure our where they went. On the second bikes(I will refer to as blue ) I ran out of 2 bolts and had to use my extra ones from the black bike.

On the black bike the fender that is used for air cleaner acess did not seem to fit right and I had to bend the bolt mount to make it fit. I also had to carefully turn every bolt as they easily can strip, in addition I used thread locker on every bolt I used.

After the initial start I changed the oil with Rotella 15w40.

The First Impression Was Very Decent Low end Power. When i hit the trails it went over everything with ease. Steep Uphills, deep mud, tree roots etc.
top end the bike reached 50mph fairly easily but after that s as fast as it really would go.

Problem with both bikes was they would not go into neutral with the engines running. Literally could not click into it when stoped from first. Couldn't even click into second. Had to kill bikes and then put in neutral.
on the black bike I changed the oil to synthetic royal purple 15w40, lowered the idle to where it would just barely stay running and adjusted the clutch tigher.and replaced the spark plug. This seemed to help during a short run but I need to test on a longer run.

The blue bike during its first ride developed a constantly on neutral light that won't turn off no matter what gear. It also got its clutch cable snagged on brush and I had to repair it and readjust cable. It wasn't stretched or anything just damaged insolation. I zip tied them to the frame so they won't get snagged again.

Both bikes needed the headlights pointed way up to see at night. On the black bike the adjusted screw wasn't enough and I had to wedge a piece of rubber between the lamp and cover.

I plan on installing tach on both to set the idle properly and use it for proper shift points as the motor scream and rattles and it's hard to distinguish midrange from high range. I like that they are very quiet low end (perfect or trail riding in the forest preserves ) by my house and they seem to want to pop wheelies
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150604_184547.jpg (83.6 KB, 1201 views)
File Type: jpg 20150604_185011.jpg (90.3 KB, 1163 views)
File Type: jpg 20150604_211120.jpg (92.0 KB, 1126 views)
File Type: jpg 20150604_235900.jpg (95.3 KB, 1139 views)
File Type: jpg 20150605_142851.jpg (96.3 KB, 1147 views)