Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2014, 11:34 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Well said. I'm sick of the "more is better" attitude that we've developed in NA. I spent two weeks in Alberta recently, and there were one ton diesel trucks everywhere, used for commuting and grocery duties. Adventure bikes are becoming obscenely big, to the point where they're hardly manageable. Good luck if you ever drop one.

All we have to do is look to people in Asia, who we've all seen carrying a family on a 200cc bike. Granted, that's not by choice, but it makes a point; one person can tour the globe on 200cc. The venerable TW200 has the distinction of being the first bike to have ever been ridden to the North Pole.

I know that your point was specific to heading south of the US border, but it applies in any direction.

/rant
There is a perception in NA that in order for a bike to be a "Adv Bike" it must be able to cruise all day long at 80mph, carry 100 lbs of gear and have a 100bhp. I'm no expert but I have ridden in Africa on an F650GS and I often wished for a lighter bike, rarely exceeded 100kph and ditched at least 30 lbs of gear. BTW, fuel range was a daily concern and 4 gallons of fuel at 60 mpg sounds really good.

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid