Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2014, 11:15 PM   #16

Just finished this years event. For the first time, the weather was perfect. Not hot, not cold, not wet, not windy. Perfect.

I wasn't even sure I was going to do it this year because of my knee. My recovery from the last surgery didn't feel right, more lingering pain than there should have been. Anyway, I gave it a shot. I also brought a good friend along who needed a distraction as his marriage just went down the toilet.

I feel better than I have in months. The knee popped once or twice when starting out, then everything fell into place. I also feel like doing something instead of sitting on my butt being board. n8(my buddy, Nate)said he rarely thought about the crap he has been going through while slogging up hill on a 50 lb bike.

This is one of those events where the journey and the camaraderie is more than the destination. Pics later. I've been shooting 35mm b&w with a Soviet era Russian camera and an older digital camera because I left the charger for my Galaxy S4 on the kitchen table, 350 miles away. Well, the b&w was planned, leaving the charger home wasn't.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts