Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2012, 10:03 PM   #26

Today:

Remounted the engine (no small task due to the way the swing arm is designed -_- especially as a one man team.) I placed a cinderblock beneath the frame and unbolted the rear bolt from the suspension to allow the swing arm to move freely. I aligned the engine bolt and started attaching the engine from the top to make it easier to manage. Once it was mounted with the swing arm, everything was basically just reverse of removal. I remounted the carb, fuel tank, sprocket, chain, hoses, wiring, shifter linkage, and all the covers. The bike started reluctantly the first time, but after running it for a few minutes it was running very well. It seemed to have a bit more power than before. I haven't taken it down the road yet since it was already cold and dark by the time I finished. I just need to finish adjusting the shifter linkage as it is having trouble shifting up and down reliably. Once that is taken care of, I'll take it out for a ride and see if there is any oil being expelled from the crank case like before.

If anyone has any questions about this particular thread, feel free to ask! This may seem rather daunting to some (I know it did to me), but it really isn't too difficult! Just be sure to try to have a second or third set of hands to help you out. It was fairly straight forward. I had the manual, but didn't even use it at all. Just be sure to separate the nuts, bolts, and pieces and MAKE LOTS OF NOTES of what lengths the bolts are. This makes a big difference.

Thank you to all who helped with my questions!