Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2011, 11:46 PM   #1

2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro TMEC200-1

Just picked up a 2009 TMEC 200cc Enduro. Picked it up from a local dealer here in Muncie, Indiana - USA. Paid $1500 for it out the door tax included. Has just 1 mile on the odometer. Was able to title and register it as a motorcycle here in Indiana with the Certificate of Origin and the sales tax form.

Anyone familiar with these? What type of engine does it use? Has TMEC stamped on the side but it appears to be a Lifan 163FML OHV. But, it could be an OHC, I'm not sure. New to this. Appears to have dual piston brakes, front fork covers, rack, skid guard, street tires. Advertised top MPH is 75. Is this right or even close? Will be using this for a fun economical commute vehicle for back and forth to work. May need to change the spocket and gear to get the desired RPM for best fuel efficiency. Most speeds will be between 45-55 MPH and looking for @60-70mpg. Is this model a copy of a more recognized brand? Might help with parts locating.

What all should I check, change or watch for being that it's new? Change the oil, tighten bolts, check for plastic wrap, any pinched wires, battery charged completely. What else?

Here are a couple pics I took of the bike. Should drive it home this week as the weather is forecasted to improve. Been raining and cold as of late. Will post more pics soon!
VT247