Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2018, 07:53 PM   #1

Thumbs Up What sprocket is the best for TT 250??

Hey my tt 250 is bone stock and I'm wondering what sprocket is the best?? Meaning so I can go the fastest and not loose take off power at lights. . If that makes since? I know there is a 49 tooth and 47 and 45 and even a 43 rear sprocket.. I think.. so can you please tell me what you think will be the best and give me a buying link for the sprocket plus a link for a new chain ?? 2018 CSC TT 250...

Old 07-30-2018, 07:58 PM   #2

The most popular/versatile combo that most people use seems to be a 17T front and 45T rear sprocket. This maintains a pretty good balance of low and top end power. You'll lose some power on the trails but the bike will be able to reach 60-65mph cruising speeds with that sprocket combo, especially when you mod to a larger main jet and tweak your TT250 to run richer than stock. All China bikes are configured stock to run lean to meet EPA standards so carb tweaks to richen the fuel/air mix are worthwhile.
1. Mikuni VM26 Carburetor w/#115 main jet
2. 17T/45T JT sprockets
3. JT 428 X-ring chain
4. Air box mod
5. Hawk Digital Cluster
6. Aftermarket IMS shift lever
7. Performance Aftermarket Exhaust
8. 295mm Nitrogen Gas Monoshock, 20W oil front forks

Old 08-04-2018, 10:52 AM   #3

I bought both the 47 tooth rear from CSC directly and the 45 tooth on Amazon. I didn't even use the 47 tooth, but did use the spacers and longer bolts from that sprocket set.

2LZ had some great advice on removing the rear sprocket bolts and I can't second it enough - you really need to heat them up with a torch to get them out without galling the threads. I was afraid my MAPP gas (yellow cylinder) torch would be too hot but a judicious application of the heat worked well. It just took a lot longer than I thought it would. After removing the bolts I cleaned up the threads with a tap and then used blue locktite on the CSC supplied bolts.

I wasn't sure that the 45 tooth would be right but it has been fine for just street riding.

Old 08-04-2018, 11:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinOC View Post
I bought both the 47 tooth rear from CSC directly and the 45 tooth on Amazon. I didn't even use the 47 tooth, but did use the spacers and longer bolts from that sprocket set.

2LZ had some great advice on removing the rear sprocket bolts and I can't second it enough - you really need to heat them up with a torch to get them out without galling the threads. I was afraid my MAPP gas (yellow cylinder) torch would be too hot but a judicious application of the heat worked well. It just took a lot longer than I thought it would. After removing the bolts I cleaned up the threads with a tap and then used blue locktite on the CSC supplied bolts.

I wasn't sure that the 45 tooth would be right but it has been fine for just street riding.

17/45 is what came on mine. 17/43 I think would be perfect for a 80/20 rider.

Old 08-04-2018, 12:54 PM   #5

My TT250 came stock with a 17/50 setup. With the 45 rear I seem to have enough top speed and can still take the hilly streets near home in 4th. I'm not sure I would want to go a lot faster than about 55-60 MPH on these original dual sport tires anyway. Most of my riding in the past was on 2-stroke enduro bikes in the woods or desert. Woods riding was usually below about 30 MPH and I tried to not do too much desert riding. Of course it helped that my Husky had a 6 speed tranny, LOL. I do keep looking for a gear beyond 5th on the TT250 sometimes.

Old 08-04-2018, 11:54 PM   #6

Ok can someone put the link on here for the amazon 45 tooth sprocket and the 43 tooth sprocket?? Also where do I purchase these spacers and new bolts if needed.. links are awesome .. for the tt 250...