Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2017, 09:36 PM   #1

HAWK Clutch & Brake Levers?

Does anyone know of any hand levers that would fit and work for the 250 HAWK? I want some smaller "sportier" ones, or at least just the clutch lever. IDK all that much about bikes and would assume that not just any hand levers could be used (OR I COULD BE DEAD WRONG) Would just like some help on figuring out what i could/should put on my HAWK.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:35 AM   #2

Someone here had some of these in gold color the other day. http://www.ebay.com/itm/182275666182...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Old 03-18-2017, 03:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldscooter View Post
Someone here had some of these in gold color the other day. http://www.ebay.com/itm/182275666182...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I bought some of them for my TT 250 and ended up taking them off. The adjusters wouldn't stay in position and would vibrate loose while riding and I could never get the clutch to stay adjusted right. This is after the clutch lever mount snapped during installation while trying to remove a mounting screw that was crossthreaded and I had to wait 2 weeks for a replacement to be sent. It's really a shame too because I really liked them when I wasn't having to constantly readjust them. The braking was much better with these due to the these having a larger piston and more force from the lever but constantly having to readjust them.on the fly along with the fact that for some reason I could never get the clutch to adjust correctly with these caused me to go back to the stock levers. I love this style of lever and will probably go to some in the future but will be going with a name brand that is higher quality.

Old 03-19-2017, 11:20 AM   #4

Yeah bought those in gold for my enforcer the other day, if you search around on eBay there is someone selling them for the same price with us shipping. I did have that same probably with having to readjust, but I just pulled apart the adjuster bit, did a bit of grinding put some loctite on it, cranked it down and now it's not moving anywhere.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:36 PM   #5

I bought these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/371480525166...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It has a steel line from the reservoir to the output connector. It was solid quality and shipped quick. It was also easy to install, however, it does bring the mirror on the throttle side closer to you and is odd at first.

If you're looking to replace the entire assembly, look for 7/8in (width of handlebar) levers.

Overall, it works great and accepted all of the hawks connectors and such. I also liked that I could adjust them, I haven't had any issues of them changing their position yet, we'll see.

Last edited by jet321; 03-20-2017 at 12:22 AM.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet321 View Post
I bought these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/371480525166...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It has a steel line from the reservoir to the output connector. It was solid quality and shipped quick. It was also easy to install, however, it does bring the mirror on the throttle side closer to you and is odd at first.

If you're looking to replace the entire assembly, look for 7/8in (width of handlebar) levers.

Overall, it works great and accepted all of the hawks connectors and such. I also liked that I could adjust them, I haven't had any issues of them changing their position yet, we'll see.

Cool, Thanks! I looked around online and found these same ones on amazon and bought them! Thanks for the info about them also!