Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2016, 08:49 PM   #1

If your debating on changing the carb...

Dont, just do it. My bike feels completely different. Almost a night and day difference, and I havent even properly jetted it yet! It revs much more freely now.

That being said,

Right now Im running a 120 main and the stock 20 pilot, on the middle needle position. Bike seems to run great, a little mushy in the mid range,and the idle is a little iffy. It idles, but not smoothly. Will that be taken care of when the 30 pilot is installed?

Thanks for your help guys!

Old 03-16-2016, 10:41 PM   #2

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I have the hawk 250cc and the idle is not steady on mine.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:08 PM   #3

I have the 30 mm mikuni and the 115 main and 30 slow and the idle is a little touchy, i have the idle set slightly high just because i don't want to mess with it but with a little more tuning i bet i could get the idle to the "proper" RPM

Old 03-17-2016, 01:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mq1991 View Post
Dont, just do it. My bike feels completely different. Almost a night and day difference, and I havent even properly jetted it yet! It revs much more freely now.

That being said,

Right now Im running a 120 main and the stock 20 pilot, on the middle needle position. Bike seems to run great, a little mushy in the mid range,and the idle is a little iffy. It idles, but not smoothly. Will that be taken care of when the 30 pilot is installed?

Thanks for your help guys!
I'd drop the needle clip to the 4th spot and set the mixture to 1.5 or 1.75 turns out and see. Depending on your elevation and exhaust, it may cure that flat spot in the middle. If that doesn't do it, the 30 pilot should.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-17-2016, 03:45 PM   #5

I'm riding two hawks on any given day; one totally stock, the other with the mikuni and 17/45 tooth gears.

The mikuni is jetted 115/30 with the pms out 1.5 turns cclip in the second slot from the fat end.

I am really digging the modded hawk. Less than $100 in parts and it's a totally different ride.
Tire swap is next on my list.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco4arcs View Post
I am really digging the modded hawk. Less than $100 in parts and it's a totally different ride.
I'm having Mrs 2LZ break in the TT250 bone stock after it arrives, then I'll do the standard mods after that. She says she doesn't notice "slight nuances" in runability like I do but I'm sure after the first test drive after break in, she'lll have an ear to ear grin. These little CG motors really come to life and have some great potential once set up properly.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 03-17-2016, 05:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I'd drop the needle clip to the 4th spot and set the mixture to 1.5 or 1.75 turns out and see. Depending on your elevation and exhaust, it may cure that flat spot in the middle. If that doesn't do it, the 30 pilot should.
Thanks Ill try that next, can you guys take a look at this video? The bike seems to idle, then just dies. Also, the valves sound kinda loud, are they supposed to be like that? Thanks!

Sorry for all the questions, I just wanna make sure im not ruining anything

Old 03-17-2016, 05:34 PM   #8

"Thanks Ill try that next, can you guys take a look at this video? The bike seems to idle, then just dies. Also, the valves sound kinda loud, are they supposed to be like that? Thanks!
Sorry for all the questions, I just wanna make sure im not ruining anything."

Hey! No problem! Kinda why we're all here. Sounds like maybe your mxture may be off regarding idle. Do what I'd suggested earlier and try again. After you do the needle and idle mixture, THEN set your idle speed.
Valves, make sure you adjust them ICE COLD AFTER SITTING OVERNIGHT and don't get confused...use the "MM" measurements on the feeler gauges. Not the SAE measurements. I go intake .05mm and exhaust .08mm. TDC compression stroke.
I've yet to have a Hondoid CG motor come with the valves set correctly.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 03-18-2016, 09:30 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
"Thanks Ill try that next, can you guys take a look at this video? The bike seems to idle, then just dies. Also, the valves sound kinda loud, are they supposed to be like that? Thanks!
Sorry for all the questions, I just wanna make sure im not ruining anything."

Hey! No problem! Kinda why we're all here. Sounds like maybe your mxture may be off regarding idle. Do what I'd suggested earlier and try again. After you do the needle and idle mixture, THEN set your idle speed.
Valves, make sure you adjust them ICE COLD AFTER SITTING OVERNIGHT and don't get confused...use the "MM" measurements on the feeler gauges. Not the SAE measurements. I go intake .05mm and exhaust .08mm. TDC compression stroke.
I've yet to have a Hondoid CG motor come with the valves set correctly.
Cool, thanks. I just got the 30 pilot in yesterday, so ill put that in today. Ill check my valves again before trying that though.

I accidentally set the exhaust to SAE measurements first, but luckily I caught myself when I was looking for the intake feeler.

Thanks again man!