Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2011, 03:45 PM   #1

TaoTao 200cc engine problems

Friends and Neighbors I have a taotao 200cc watercooled atv thats eating my lunch! It came to me burning oil cause its owner didnt know you should put oil on the air filter when you ride in deep sand??? So I ordered a new jug,piston and rings and put it togather. Nows when it gets sticky, The only way it will run is with the choke on. I have check all of the ways it can leak vacumn. All are sealed, cleaned the carb. Started the motor and sprayed starting fluid all round the jug and the carb and no vacum leaks. I did have a problem with the rocker arm adj. not staying right. I set them and roll it over and it would be too tight. Got that fixed I think. I have run out of ideas
have you guys got any Im desperit I Need Help and I ant no amature I got lots yrs on bikes and I ant never seen this :oops: PS adjusted air screw too!
Michael
scooterworksplus@yahoo.com

Old 09-03-2011, 02:48 AM   #2

Did you check to see if the jets were clogged, sounds like its not gettign enough fuel

Old 09-03-2011, 07:58 AM   #3

Second that. Pull the carb and check the jet. Better yet, just replace it then you'll be sure. Also, check/set the bowl float.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #4

X3.

If it will only run with the choke on, it's too lean. Pull the slow jet and pilot jet, and see if there are numbers on them. We can guide you from there.

BTW, a vacuum leak normally presents itself such that it won't quickly return to idle upon closing the throttle. When I was working on TurboT's atv, it would hold high rpm for nearly five seconds after I closed the throttle. That doesn't sound like your symptom.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #5

taotao 200 prob's

Thanks guys for the prompt replus I'll try them and as the man
says, Stay Thirsty my Friends XX 8)