Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #1

Lost spark!

Hello everyone, I am glad to have found a group of people riding China stuff.

We have a winter home in Mexico,and the Italika brad is easily the most popular on the road now.

My wife has a Italika Diablo, 150cc scooter. It has been a pretty good ride (having battery charging issues) but never any engine problems.

Yesterday it died on me, and it really died like now! I am fairly mechanical (I ride and maintain Honda CT 90's) When her scooter died it felt like I hit the kill switch. But it does not have a kill switch.

I removed the fuel line and rolled it over and it is getting good fuel flow. I took out the spark plug and grounded it to the frame, and I get no spark, nothing, when I roll it over.

The spark plug is a "TORCH A 7TC"....I thought even if the plug was bad I would get something. So from there it must go to a coil. I will see if I can cross reference the plug and try a new one. Other than that....any one? Any ideas? Thanks ahead.[/url]

Old 11-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #2

With a Chinamotor such a failue is the CDI until proven otherwise. They are cheap and easy to find. Get two. One for now, one for next time. Upgrading to a better plug could only help, but is not the cause of this problem.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #3

Great! I found a great crossrefrence and spark plug site. Lots of good info there also. I will start to beat around the bushes here in Mexico for a CDI. As well as online.... Greta help thnx.

http://www.sparkplugs.com/results_cr...CrossWarning=1

Old 11-03-2010, 02:05 AM   #4

Welcome!

I second the CDI, but those Torch plugs are junk. Try and find an NGK equivalent, which is C7HSA according to http://www.ngk.com/results_cross.asp...CrossWarning=1

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-03-2010, 08:54 AM   #5

Will do thanks! I have found a good number of online company's that I can get a CDI from. Great!

Old 11-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #6

Go ahead and order two CDI units and put one in the toolbox.

Welcome to the forums.