Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #1

atvdiscounter.com (good experience thus far)

I've Been looking at Chinese bikes for about a month now and figured out that i wanted a 2008 Lifan LF200GY-5 and found what looked like a promising company on the internet that sold the machine and ordered two of them, one for myself and one for my dad...Shortly after i realized that i should have done more research on the dealership and less on the bike because after reading about the problems others have had with atvdiscounter on this form my stomach started to turn...We'll i'm happy to say the experience has been awesome thus far... I ordered the bikes via the phone on June 28th and they arrived on July 7th in great condition just as they look on their web page...They've answered their phones and have been very helpful thus far...We received one blue and one red, both colors are nice...My dad and i had fun putting them together, was nice to have another machine to look out if something didn't seem correct or out of place...I emailed them late last night for a MSO and received a email early this morning from one of their people saying that the MSO/title request was being processed...Hopefully this comes fast because I'm sure excited to start cruising around town.

I'm amazed at how nice the bikes are...You start to wonder how they make such a nice bike and ship it to your house for $1474 (student discount)...Both bikes started right up on the first try. Engine purrs like a Honda. Went over every bolt and screw and found none that were even close to being lose, but will keep a watch on them as i start to put miles on it.

Noticed others mentioned that their seat doesn't say Lifan on it...Either does the two I received (must be a change at the factory?).

FYI..Live in Utah, just talked with DMV and they say that all i need is the MSO, bill of sale, safety inspection, prof of insurance and I can get it licensed for street use...

Also thought i would mention that i got one years worth of insurance full coverage through Allstate for $75...not bad..

Ok, enough blabbering for one day...

Old 07-10-2008, 06:29 PM   #2

CONGRATS

Glad everything has gone well so far.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:49 PM   #3

Good luck with the bikes!! As you have already figured out, you can't always believe what you read. I'm sure there are some that have had a difficult time with ATVD, but the majority of folks are happy with them.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 07-11-2008, 07:56 AM   #4

Perhaps they've turned things around? It's really important to the community that new buyers provide their dealer experiences, both bad and good.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 07-11-2008, 07:58 AM   #5

Re: atvdiscounter.com (good experience thus far)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyran
I emailed them late last night for a MSO and received a email early this morning from one of their people saying that the MSO/title request was being processed...Hopefully this comes fast because I'm sure excited to start cruising around town.
Good for you. You will get your MSO from Frontier imports out of Texas.
If your BOS doesn't say Frontier imports.....trouble.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:28 PM   #6

Man, I ordered a SunL SL300 from them two weeks ago and I finally got a tracking number from atvd, when I called and emailed them several times. The messed up thing is that the tracking number is not valid. I didn't even know how crappy the company was until after I put the order in. Well, I hope my experience is good like yours, because if I don't recieve my bike soon I am retracting the charge from my Visa card. Its good to hear at least one good experience with them.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:56 PM   #7

Atvd is a rotten company. Retract your CC payment now.

You will get your bike in 2 weeks. The paperwork in 90 days or so,and its wrong. Jesus listen up. Cancel and do it again while you can.

They were NO help after the charge went through.

I am a China Rider. My scooter is great. We rode 30 miles today.
Went to my stepsons home to fix his Honda 750.
People laugh when we pull up, then look closely. The point is we pull up, and the damn little thing WORKS.

I had to go grey to license my scooter. Made my own paperwork to match the MSO.

Atvd is terrible service. Horrible BS in the mail crap. Good luck.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:24 PM   #8

I am very surprised my motorcycle actually arrived to me. It is in great condition and no damage at all. Now I guess I have to wait for the MSO from ATVD, which I heard is a biatch. The Sunl Sl300 looks better in person. I am putting it together and haven't stated it though.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:26 PM   #9

How is the paperwork comming?

Old 07-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #10

I am really surprised I actually got the paper work the day after I got the bike. Took three weeks from the day I actually ordered it, but it has been a pleasant experience.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:21 AM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to maf119l
You lucked out.Enjoy them.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:19 AM   #12

Yeah, from reading other peoples experience with them online, my experience is nothing like everyone elses. I guess if you ever buy anything that is a big ticket item over the net, make sure you buy with a credit card so you could at least save your own ass.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:49 PM   #13

Well I bought my 2006 gy5 new face to face at atvdiscounter in ft.worth. delt with a guy named rick. Rick quit a week after i gave them my cash, YES cash. That was stupid of me. He listed my bike as a 150 dirt only. and never filed for my title. Im giving Eric the bennifit of doubt he said he would fix it but I paid on may 25th and its july 28th. As for the bike though, after a filter and jet the bike ran wonderful. Got an exhaust on the way, will let yall know. :P

Old 07-29-2008, 02:49 PM   #14

Sorry for the slow update, been out of town..Received paper work yesterday. Exactly a month after ordering. Two titles/MSO for each of the two bikes...Bill of Sale and title look good, everything matches (vin, invoice number, company:frontier imports dba atvdiscounter.com) Had safety inspection done yesterday, will be getting the bike registered today. I don't expect I'll run into any problems at the DMV. After sending in the title request (online) i waited 2 weeks with nothing in the mail. I had to call and 'hound' them about it...They were very nice and honest and said that the request had been overlooked, but they pulled it up and mailed it out that same day and i received it 3 days later. Better late then not at all...wahoo, now i can get riding the darn thing!