Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2021, 09:25 PM   #1

Noob advice on new QUICK 250cc purchase?

Looking for a 250 I can have shipped quickly to me in Montana. I've seen the X-Pros and Taos online for around 1750 shipped. They seem to be the same bike.

Any intel on if this is the best price or not or if there is a preferred dealer for the forum with good pricing and reliable shipping?

Thanks!!!

Old 06-13-2021, 01:44 PM   #2

I recently got one for $1900ish shipped to me. It was missing a lot of parts and it's difficult to get parts. Make certain it's from a reputable dealer.

Old 06-13-2021, 04:02 PM   #3

My daughter grew up in Polson, MT right on the south end of Flathead Lake (largest freshwater lake west of the Mississippi!), so what you need is a dependable Bashan (of any make)! Haha, just kidding...while browsing bikes I bought one and pulled the plug with TXPS, Texas Power Sports, and they were advertising a bike that did not exist...talk about bait and switch! Needless to say, PayPal refunded my money so I went elsewhere! Every single online dealer has tons of good reviews and tons of horrible, blood sucking, disemboweling reviews, so I went with the one with less...Powersportsmax. They answered the phone, all emails, shipped the day after I ordered (but it still took 3 weeks to arrive), the one main drawback was they didn't print their name under the authorized Agent's signature...which is necessary in Colorado. I fixed that after a couple of email's. So...sorry to say...it's basically a gamble.

Edit...the dealer 'X-moto', I believe, is Powersportsmax. Also, if you buy on Amazon, you will get taxed for that purchase and that money does not go towards paying for your plates, you essentially pay double. There is a you tube video about a couple of guys who bought a DLX Hawk describe the Amazon deal and also talk about the MCO and the Bill of Sale:

Last edited by stewbrash; 06-14-2021 at 08:39 PM.

Old 06-18-2021, 08:41 AM   #4

^^^ Thanks for the very informative reply!

I have also found that the various websites selling these bikes are pretty sketchy. I called several of them and even attempted to buy from one of them, but the sketchy vibes made me nervous. I ended up buying from megamotormadness.com and so far, its been a good experience. They update me frequently on order progress, and I expect them to ship soon. We will see.

Old 06-18-2021, 05:54 PM   #5

Both my bikes were gifts, my Hawk 250 was a wedding gift and my Magician 250 were both Amazon purchases from the X-Pro store that ended up being Power Sports Max. I cant say for any one else but my experience with them has been awesome. they were quick to respond to emails and helped me get a new fairing that was cracked. Personally I plan on using their services again when I see something cool. I may end up getting one of their TBR7's and dedicating my HAWK to the dirt trails only.

Old 06-26-2021, 02:15 PM   #6

^^^ I tried to buy from them, however, they kept declining my credit cards (all are good) and just wouldn't do anything to correct the situation. I even called the banks to make sure there were no issues. They didn't seem very interested in taking my money.

Old 06-28-2021, 11:29 AM   #7

I've made two purchases through powersportsmax in the last couple months, a Hawk DLX and then separately, a pit bike. I didn't have any issues with either purchase.

For the Hawk 250 DLX, they automatically sent the MCO and bill of sale that allowed me to register that bike in Florida without any difficulty. Like another poster mentioned, their post-sale email communication was excellent (probably automated through each stage of fulfillment), and they shipped within a couple days.

I do have to say that I didn't have any special requests or have to contact the seller post-sale, so I don't know how they handle anything out of the ordinary or the quality of their post-sale service.

Old 06-29-2021, 07:04 AM   #8

Walmart $1508.00 delivered to my door, plus you have Walmart for any problems.TBR7 is a great bike,but most online dealers won't stand behind any problems,don't buy from TX Powersports they just want your money. Once they get paid your on your own, no support at all. Good luck