Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2017, 05:47 AM   #1

Hawk 250 problems...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

So i changed the back and front sprockets to a 17 45 and went back to the 50 on the back aprocket. But as i was in the yard messing w it amd dropped it in slow motion on its left side. Now it starts up on choke runs good for a sec and tban just cuts off. Will start again and again on full choke than cuts off after switchinf to half xhoke and i do know full choke is all the way up. Xhecked valves and such spark plug is not wet its dry and justna little to rixh but bedore i droppwd it it ran perfect

Old 05-18-2017, 06:39 AM   #2

left side drop. What position is the fuel petcock in? I wonder if it didn't get knocked into a position that left the valve only partially open and you just aren't getting enough fuel flow to the carb bowl. Or a fuel line somehow got kinked/pinched. Just speculation at this point, but I often find that it's the dumbest/simplest things that cause the biggest headaches like this.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-18-2017, 06:44 AM   #3

Agreed! Check the petcock bet ya anything it partially closed it

Old 05-18-2017, 07:02 AM   #4

man I'm an idiot you guys I guess it would help to turn the fuel on just lime it helped when i plugged the spark plug in

Old 05-18-2017, 07:05 AM   #5

Hey sir k what is your sea level or location on the map I noticed you said you have a 1:15 Main I'm in Chapel Hill North Carolina running 105 and I was wondering if you were close to my sea level because I want to go up if at all possible without bugging engine down at wide open throttle

Old 05-18-2017, 07:33 AM   #6

Glad it was a simple fix. I'm at 1300 ft here at the house. I normally ride at 700'-2000' above sea level and am very happy with my setup

Old 05-18-2017, 12:07 PM   #7

I just went out there and tune some new balances that motocheez had put on and make sure I was on the compression stroke just started learning all this when I bought my Hawk a couple months ago and I found my new dream thing I've always wanted to drive since I was a little kid right I mean and now I finally get my chance and I'm loving it thanks to you guys and all the help I would never be able to get where I'm at I would had to spend another two or three thousand and I couldn't afford that now I know my bike inside and out

Old 05-18-2017, 09:49 PM   #8

Always start with the simple solution first....ain't it the truth. This thread is just an other example of why this is possibly the best Community out here., well done to all

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-18-2017, 11:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
Always start with the simple solution first....ain't it the truth. This thread is just an other example of why this is possibly the best Community out here., well done to all
As our british gentlemen sully may say ,here here
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-19-2017, 11:08 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhawk View Post
man I'm an idiot you guys I guess it would help to turn the fuel on just lime it helped when i plugged the spark plug in
Don't feel bad. Part of my job is troubleshooting high speed mail inserting and zip sorting machines. I spent 5 hours one day chasing a skew error in a cutter. I changed a sensor, infared LED for said sensor, tested every circuit related to that sensor. Had 3 other guys come help me because I was just confused and couldn't figure it out.

After 5 hours doing all of that, one guy barely spots a piece of paper that got wrapped up in a lower roller come poking out just enough to block the LED and trigger the Skew error.

4 highly trained and experienced techs with degrees in electronics, electro-mechanical systems, etc, and we spent 5 hours chasing a ghost. We all felt like idiots.

That's why I say, it's always the simplest/dumbest things that cause the biggest headaches.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Don't feel bad. Part of my job is troubleshooting high speed mail inserting and zip sorting machines. I spent 5 hours one day chasing a skew error in a cutter. I changed a sensor, infared LED for said sensor, tested every circuit related to that sensor. Had 3 other guys come help me because I was just confused and couldn't figure it out.

After 5 hours doing all of that, one guy barely spots a piece of paper that got wrapped up in a lower roller come poking out just enough to block the LED and trigger the Skew error.

4 highly trained and experienced techs with degrees in electronics, electro-mechanical systems, etc, and we spent 5 hours chasing a ghost. We all felt like idiots.

That's why I say, it's always the simplest/dumbest things that cause the biggest headaches.
Interesting. My 8-5 for the last 21 years is servicing digital presses (Canon imagePRESS, Konica Minolta etc).

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 05-19-2017, 12:26 PM   #12

Duplicate post for some reason

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 05-19-2017, 12:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOXtreme View Post
Interesting. My 8-5 for the last 21 years is servicing digital presses (Canon imagePRESS, Konica Minolta etc).
We don't mess about with those too much, but we do have 4 pairs of Cannon T1100S printers. Think inkjet printer, but each one the size of a 2 car garage, and to print double sided it takes two of them in line. I don't service those myself unless the print shop is short handed. I am a mail side tech and rebuild machinist that originally trained as an automotive and diesel mechanic lol. As far as formal education goes, I am the least qualified in my shop, but way better at repairs and rebuilding than all of the eletronics guys. I have an associates in electro-mechanical systems and a handfull of certifications in machining and welding on top of my training and experience as a mechanic. I am surrounded by Bachelors degrees in IT, Electronics, and the like.