Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2017, 07:14 AM   #1

PSM March Madness Hawk and Magician

These guys are known for being a little slow on the shipping and whatnot, but they have some good deals offered if you are not in a hurry to receive your bike. Look at the Hawk and Magician, for example. Also, and I bet we can't get a straight answer, but it looks like the Magician has uprated 21/18 wheels according to them. Maybe RPS, or the OEM, has spec'd them this way? Again, see if you can get hold of them to find out BEFORE you purchase because I doubt you will get much of ANY aftersale customer service...

http://www.powersportsmax.com/index.php/cPath/33/fid/48

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-16-2017, 09:55 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
These guys are known for being a little slow on the shipping and whatnot, but they have some good deals offered if you are not in a hurry to receive your bike. Look at the Hawk and Magician, for example. Also, and I bet we can't get a straight answer, but it looks like the Magician has uprated 21/18 wheels according to them. Maybe RPS, or the OEM, has spec'd them this way? Again, see if you can get hold of them to find out BEFORE you purchase because I doubt you will get much of ANY aftersale customer service...

http://www.powersportsmax.com/index.php/cPath/33/fid/48
Thanks for the tip, culcune; my Bashan Enforcer order just got cancelled over@apscusa, so at least there's the positive side of saving a few $$$. Do you know if this is one of the companies where it's pointless to pay for the rush processing?

Edit: I guess that free liftgate doesn't mean free shipping lol I was wondering how they were selling them so cheap. Really wishing someone else had the Enforcer...

Old 03-17-2017, 10:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPrimusIII View Post
I guess that free liftgate doesn't mean free shipping lol I was wondering how they were selling them so cheap. Really wishing someone else had the Enforcer...
You have to watch all of these places every day or two like you do Harbor Freight. Keep your eye on them and pounce when the "real" sale price is there (even if it's just 10 or 20 bucks sometimes, that's free beer!)....and depending on the place, they either advertise free shipping and bury the cost into the price or just charge you shipping and have a lower priced bike. Also, if you have a brick and mortar dealer nearby like we do in Sac, they're usually more expensive than the internet because they have to pay for the store.

We'll be picking up a little quad for our little nephew in a few months from either SPS or PSM. My neighbor will be going to So Cal on a trip and said he'd pick it up for us, so it's the best of both worlds. Sale price and no shipping! :-) I just didn't want to pay 240.00 shipping for a 350.00 quad!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-09-2017, 09:05 AM   #4

I agree with culcune. I bought a bike from PSM mid march which I received within about 5 days of ordering. I think they shipped it so fast because they wanted to get rid of the hawks. They even went as far to say that the bike could legally be put on the road in my state, which it's not.

... and as far as support and paperwork go, forgetaboutit! 25 days and counting!

They're either lazy I just don't give a sh*t

Good luck!