Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2016, 04:00 AM   #1

Storm 250 Dealer?

After doing some research, it appears that the Bashan Storm 250 might meet my needs, but I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good dealer online? Thank you for any help.

Old 04-17-2016, 07:38 AM   #2

Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

I'm sure others will soon drop by to recommend a good dealer.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-17-2016, 11:12 AM   #3

This place may or may not be okay, but they do have it. I believe member '2LZ' ordered some quads from them, and had a so-so experience (I think the paperwork took a month). http://www.superiorpowersports.com/Motorcycle_s/136.htm

Motobuys shows it on their site, but it is several hundred dollars more expensive than the Superior Powersports offering, but that DOES include shipping, but it is still more. Plus, they have been notorious for a few members as far as getting the paperwork (took months for a couple members)

http://www.motobuys.com/sportbikes.html

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-17-2016, 12:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
After doing some research, it appears that the Bashan Storm 250 might meet my needs, but I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good dealer online? Thank you for any help.
I recently purchased two Storms from Superiorpowersports and had a great buying experience. The sales department was quick to respond to my questions.

Old 04-17-2016, 12:55 PM   #5

Superior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearthvader View Post
I recently purchased two Storms from Superiorpowersports and had a great buying experience. The sales department was quick to respond to my questions.
I believe that's where I'm headed. I've almost completely convinced myself to put off the RX3 fo at least a year or so and pick up a DS for hacking around and scratching that special itch. . . So I appreciated the dealer vote of confidence

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 04-17-2016, 01:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearthvader View Post
I bought from superior as wel over a year agol. Buying was painless, and they are great for the sale, paperwork was reasonably fast if you follow the procedure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
I believe that's where I'm headed. I've almost completely convinced myself to put off the RX3 fo at least a year or so and pick up a DS for hacking around and scratching that special itch. . . So I appreciated the dealer vote of confidence
But after the sale forget about it. I have repeatedly tried to get source an Air filter and levers and cannot get them to help out.

I sent them pics and help them sort out what comes with as far as alarm and remote, had been dealing with Amy, I had issues with damage from shipping and factory assembly, really got no help from them.

You tell Amy that Dave has not been happy with the after purchase experience from Superior and that you might try other vendors that may service the bike and can trust if warranty issue should arrive.

Kindof ticks me off, because I suppled them with video links and pics of their product and NO HELP after the sale. I was really hoping to be able to promote with all kudos, but cannot. Maybe they will step up the service if enough of you tell them you may purchase elsewhere.

The product is good, no issue registering and a good price, so if you are capable at sourcing, great seller. I got a military discount so that helped some.

If you pay by CC, make sure the delivery address is the same as the CC billing. If not, it takes more forms and paperwork. If you want to pick up at depot, same deal, paperwork. Easy enough, but be advised.

Overall a great experience, just a bit upset about no follow through on parts after the sale. You would think they would want to make money on the parts too.
Be a Piggy!

Old 04-17-2016, 01:20 PM   #7

levers & filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag00 View Post
I bought from superior as wel over a year agol. Buying was painless, and they are great for the sale, paperwork was reasonably fast if you follow the procedure.

But after the sale forget about it. I have repeatedly tried to get source an Air filter and levers and cannot get them to help out.

I sent them pics and help them sort out what comes with as far as alarm and remote, had been dealing with Amy, I had issues with damage from shipping and factory assembly, really got no help from them.

You tell Amy that Dave has not been happy with the after purchase experience from Superior and that you might try other vendors that may service the bike and can trust if warranty issue should arrive.

Kindof ticks me off, because I suppled them with video links and pics of their product and NO HELP after the sale. I was really hoping to be able to promote with all kudos, but cannot. Maybe they will step up the service if enough of you tell them you may purchase elsewhere.

The product is good, no issue registering and a good price, so if you are capable at sourcing, great seller. I got a military discount so that helped some.

If you pay by CC, make sure the delivery address is the same as the CC billing. If not, it takes more forms and paperwork. If you want to pick up at depot, same deal, paperwork. Easy enough, but be advised.

Overall a great experience, just a bit upset about no follow through on parts after the sale. You would think they would want to make money on the parts too.

You mean to tell me you can't find replacement levers or air filters ? ?

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 04-17-2016, 01:51 PM   #8

Thank you all for the very helpful posts!!

Old 04-17-2016, 02:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Yeah, that is a concern, huh?

Hmm. . . So that begs the question, am I going to have a lot of trouble getting parts if I go with a Storm vs a Hawk?

I had been on the fence after researching Hawk vs Storm, but the lower seat height I saw mentioned, the counter balanced engine, and the seemingly more road-friendliness of the Storm kinda tipped the scales for me, as I plan light trail riding and some street riding as well. Maybe I need to reconsider?

Any input from you knowledgeable folks would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-17-2016, 02:05 PM   #10

Quote:
No, just that Superior has not helped out at all in getting parts.

I got a new clutch lever from aliexpress and the air filter will be an upgrade to foam, custom made, once it is a little dirtier. Foot pegs from D2moto and protaper bars from cycle gear.

Getting parts can be done, I just think the bike seller should carry parts, especially since they have to do warranty work, so the question is: How confident are you with warranty if they cannot source brake levers or air filters?

The other sellers may be in the same boat, but it seems that the Hawk guys have a great parts source from their seller.
Be a Piggy!

Old 04-17-2016, 02:25 PM   #11

What about these guys?
https://www.powerrideoutlet.com/dirt...l#!prettyPhoto

Old 04-17-2016, 02:44 PM   #12

Quote:
I spent nearly a year researching the chinese bikes before buying. My first choice was the DB08r 250 storm which was the dirt version of what is now being sold. They quit importing them. Roketa was/is the main importer of this model.

The guys you link to are just resellers like Superior. Superior does a better volume and thus better prices. Getting the MCO from these other guys might be tricky or may be easy peazy. Superior seems to have streamlined the process.

The Hawk, while RPS/killer motorsports seem to be the big dogs on that line, Superior was selling them too.

They are listed on the roketa site, (wholesale dealer only) http://www.roketa.com/product/produc...=0&proID=59713

Also the Storm http://www.roketa.com/product/produc...=0&proID=59663

And let me tell you, these resellers will lie to you. Many instances and they try to appear as though they are the sole supplier, and yet all the pics on their sites are from the Roketa site. The 3 letter designation is the manufacturer code.

That is where Amy @ Superior was at least honest with me.

I spoke with the SSR originators, and was looking to buy their 250, but they were still in the process of getting them certified. It is a very expensive process and takes time. When they finally did put em up for sale, they cost alot more than originally expected, so the Bashan (lhj) was at the front for me.

Roketa is the importer, not manufacturer. The roketa site is good source for specs and current models. I have talked with them too, as I was considering becoming a dealership.
Be a Piggy!

Old 04-17-2016, 03:19 PM   #13

Thanks, Mag00!! I really appreciate your advice!

So, as someone who's owned one for a while, what are your thoughts on the Storm? How do you like it?

A couple more questions too, if you don't mind:

• I've seen different numbers for the seat height. What is it? I'm short, so I don't want a really tall seat.
  • I'm concerned about what seems to be a lack of assembly instructions (for the Hawk or the Storm, so I'm not bashing the Storm). I'm of average technical ability and I can follow instructions pretty well, but I'm a little leery of assembling something that I may be riding on at 50mph on a road with cars and trucks around me with no instructions whatsoever (which I've read is how some of these bikes come). I don't seem to be able to find much here or on the web anywhere. So what kind of assembly instructions are there out there? For example, what kind of instructions does Superior give you?
Thank you so much for any advice you can give. That goes for any of you other forum members too.

Old 04-17-2016, 04:12 PM   #14

Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag00 View Post
I spent nearly a year researching the chinese bikes before buying. My first choice was the DB08r 250 storm which was the dirt version of what is now being sold. They quit importing them. Roketa was/is the main importer of this model.

The guys you link to are just resellers like Superior. Superior does a better volume and thus better prices. Getting the MCO from these other guys might be tricky or may be easy peazy. Superior seems to have streamlined the process.

The Hawk, while RPS/killer motorsports seem to be the big dogs on that line, Superior was selling them too.

They are listed on the roketa site, (wholesale dealer only) http://www.roketa.com/product/produc...=0&proID=59713

Also the Storm http://www.roketa.com/product/produc...=0&proID=59663

And let me tell you, these resellers will lie to you. Many instances and they try to appear as though they are the sole supplier, and yet all the pics on their sites are from the Roketa site. The 3 letter designation is the manufacturer code.

That is where Amy @ Superior was at least honest with me.

I spoke with the SSR originators, and was looking to buy their 250, but they were still in the process of getting them certified. It is a very expensive process and takes time. When they finally did put em up for sale, they cost alot more than originally expected, so the Bashan (lhj) was at the front for me.

Roketa is the importer, not manufacturer. The roketa site is good source for specs and current models. I have talked with them too, as I was considering becoming a dealership.
Good luck on the dealership path ! If you're interested enough to consider becoming a dealer then you are apparently very pleased with the bike!!!!!!

― Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-17-2016, 05:35 PM   #15

Quote:
Thanks, Mag00!! I really appreciate your advice!

So, as someone who's owned one for a while, what are your thoughts on the Storm? How do you like it?

A couple more questions too, if you don't mind:

• I've seen different numbers for the seat height. What is it? I'm short, so I don't want a really tall seat.
  • I'm concerned about what seems to be a lack of assembly instructions (for the Hawk or the Storm, so I'm not bashing the Storm). I'm of average technical ability and I can follow instructions pretty well, but I'm a little leery of assembling something that I may be riding on at 50mph on a road with cars and trucks around me with no instructions whatsoever (which I've read is how some of these bikes come). I don't seem to be able to find much here or on the web anywhere. So what kind of assembly instructions are there out there? For example, what kind of instructions does Superior give you?
Thank you so much for any advice you can give. That goes for any of you other forum members too.
Assembly is not a difficult process; much of the build is a little trial and error. I used a combination of pictures on Roketa's web site, an instruction manual for the Hawk that I found on this forum (they're 90% the same bikes) and of course wonderful advice on this forum.