Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2016, 09:48 AM   #1

My custom made crash bar for the Hawk

After snagging my shift lever on a construction fence that was underwater at a off road park I decided to make crash bars.

Bought a honda rebel highway bar off ebay for $29 (there are some selling for $15 now.)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-Chrome-En...item1c53f7271b

The bikes engine to frame top mount is about 3 inches long and bolt is 3.5 the crash bar top mount was 5inch

I bolted it up to the top long motor to frame bolt mount with a 6 inch stainless steel bolt and 2 (1 inch) steel spacers and 2 washers. Bought these at ace harware.

Just had to weld on mounts for the bottom of the bars to mount to the frame. Used heavy duty pipe conduit clamps from homedepot with rubber between the frame and crash bar (found some old swaybar bushings in the garage)

I then welded on 2 (half inch) pipe sections to the ends of the crash bar to extend past the shift lever and brake lever.

Painted it with a vht frame chasis paint from autozone.

Will be fabricating a a skid plate on tot he bottom of this.

Sorry for the mud if its hard to see
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (78.1 KB, 462 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (85.3 KB, 320 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (74.5 KB, 319 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (60.2 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (17.7 KB, 334 views)

Old 04-24-2016, 09:50 AM   #2

last pic. So far I have not notice any issues with front shock clearance. I have hopped tons of curbs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (83.5 KB, 328 views)

Old 04-24-2016, 10:24 AM   #3

er, u got any oil in that motor?
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 04-24-2016, 10:32 AM   #4

Nice job.

A dirt bike is supposed to get muddy. I'm glad to see you are riding your bike with its intended purpose.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-24-2016, 11:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
er, u got any oil in that motor?
It was resting on kickstand, so it looked like no oil, but when standing straight up it is in the middle

Old 04-24-2016, 07:41 PM   #6

Thumbs Up

okie thought you had it on a stand.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking