Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2016, 04:47 PM   #1

Carburettor advice

I am looking for some advice on what carb to upgrade, I have 2 different quads so I will put them into separate questions.

1) Yamoto 150cc (bashan clone)
I bought this bike and the bike never ran properly, it would struggle to start when it was started the exhaust was glowing red (bad mixture), no adjustment or cleaning would make much difference. I changed the carb to a spare I had (that had some damage) and the bike would start first attempt and no more red exhaust so it made clear I need a new carb however I'm not sure what to go for. Would the mikuni 30mm fit?

2) Bashan 200 (BS200S-3)
My buddy bought this bike a few days ago and it wouldn't idle and also would splutter/bog at mid/high RPM so we took the carb off and gave it a clean and tried adjusting it to no avail, I googled about the carb and it had nothing but bad feedback so I feel like it's time to change to something decent, again I keep coming back to the mikuni 30mm, does anyone know if it will fit?

I know the obvious answer to "will it fit" is to measure the inlet (which I'm confident is the same) but if it is the same what are the chances of it running well stock without jetting changes?

Thanks for any help.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:33 AM   #2

Yes to the Bashan 200, maybe to the 150. Please show us a pic of the 150 carb.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-28-2016, 01:04 AM   #3

Old 04-09-2016, 02:53 PM   #4

I have a 250 e liquid cooled,, same as everyones cam on the side old 250cc Honda motor,, I am going to a 30mm mikuni and fighting jetting right this minute.. I will keep you updated.. right no I am at 155 main 55 pilot and it is surging after throttle so I know I have left over fuel. needle on top grove. going to change main to what ever I have on the shelf. I think 145 is what I have. stock card has had screw heads ground off from factory... so I have not opened that yet