Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #1

need balance shaft cush gear for Lifan 200

Does anyone have a balance shaft cush gear for the Lifan 200 they would be willing to part with? Last time I had the side cover off I noticed it had a little play. Not an immediate problem but over the long run the springs break down.

For those not familiar, cush gears are seen mostly as part of the clutch basket. They have several springs inside that allow some movement between the gear ring on the outside and the driven splines on the inside and are held together with riveted steel plates. The balance shaft models use a smaller one to drive the balance shaft.

BTW the nut that holds the gear to the balance shaft is a left hand thread.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #2

I've never even seen a counterbalanced China motor up close. Have you tried www.taobao.com?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #3

Wish I could read Chinese. Google says the page cannot be translated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I've never even seen a counterbalanced China motor up close. Have you tried www.taobao.com?

Old 09-22-2014, 11:01 AM   #4

Are you using Google Chrome? Try that, and allow it to translate automatically; that's what most of us do.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #5

Yes, using Chrome, box pops up saying this page cannot be translated.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:54 AM   #6

Odd. Do you have another computer you can try? I've used Taobao several times with Google Chrome, and had no issues.

Old 02-24-2015, 01:16 PM   #7

Update:

The gear I ordered from Taobao wasn't correct. The only difference was the teeth were cut on an angle where the Lifan teeth are straight cut. Rather than try to find the correct one again I ground off the rivets to see if the springs could be exchanged between the two. Turns out rubber buffers are used instead of springs and over the years the rubber hardened and shrunk slightly, causing the play and noise.

I was unable to find the correct size of steel rivets to put it back together so I used cut off nails of the correct diameter. Worked fine and it's now back together.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:05 PM   #8

Awesome China Rider repair! Who would have guessed that one gear is straight-cut, while the other is angled?

Old 02-24-2015, 11:51 PM   #9

Major kudos for displaying classic, China Rider ingenuity, and 'get 'er done' attitude.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894