Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2020, 11:16 PM   #1

TaoTao DB14 - Stuck In Gear

My kids were out riding the DB14 the other day and brought it back intact...or so I thought. The next time we tried to get it started I noticed I could not get the bike into neutral or to go up/down gears. Needless to say, I can't start it nor can I do much of anything with it at the moment.

Any idea what would cause this type of jam and better yet, what could I do to diagnose and fix this type of problem?

Thanks!

Old 06-03-2020, 08:04 PM   #2

I’ve not gotten any response but I decided tot ale the right side engine cover off (the side with the kick starter that is also jammed. I drained the oil and proceeded to take it apart all the way down to the Kickstarter....but I can’t seem to get it to come off completely so I can see inside to find out what’s going on. Any help is appreciated

Old 06-03-2020, 08:56 PM   #3

I am fairly certain a db14 uses a Honda crf50 clone engine ,the cylinder points towards the front wheel ,if that is the case the manual for Honda horizontal clones will guide you through your repairs of the bike .Should be available online or purchase a clymer manual .

Old 06-04-2020, 04:19 PM   #4

You have to split the engine cases to remove the kickstarter assembly.

Have you tried putting the bike up on a bikestand or bucket and having someone turn the rear wheel back and forth while someone else jiggles the shift lever at the same time?